After specifying time and configuring settings, select events or touchpoints you'd like to analyze.
- Click Select an event... and select an option from the drop-down list. In this example, select Website Page View.
In this example, you may want to see how the web page titles are affecting the selected goals the most.
- Upon selecting the an event, the Name field appears and the Select Time Dimension field is populated by a default selection, which you can modify. Selecting the Time Dimension is further described in the next few sections.
- In the Name field, enter a name for your event. In this example, name the goal "Page Titles".
- Click + value found on the upper right corner of the Select Events box.
Note: You can use the Value feature only once.
Under Value, click Select dimension...
Select an option from the drop-down list. Options displayed depend on the data sources you are connected to and the event you selected. In this example, select page_title.
Note: To search for a dimension in a long list, type in a keyword in the field to filter the drop-down options.
This feature filters both the event and the value. The value is summed only for the events selected with the filter.
Note: In this example, the Filter feature will not be used in the first event selected, but will be used in the next two events. So we will show you how to use the feature.
- Click + filter found on the upper right corner of the Select Events box.
Note: You can use the Filter feature as many times as you want to refine your data.
- Click in the filter by field to select a property.
- Select an option from the drop-down list. Options displayed depend on the data sources you are connected to and the event/ value you have selected.
Note: To search for a property in a long list, type in a keyword in the field to filter the drop-down options.
- Upon selecting a property, two more fields appear on the right. Click on the middle and right fields to display drop-down options.
Note: Drop-down options displayed in the middle and right fields depend on the property selected in the left field.
When you select an event (refer to step 1 under Selecting Events), the Select Time Dimension field is automatically populated. You can, however, modify the selection by clicking on it and selecting from the drop-down options.
- In this example, we will retain the created_at selection.
You can add more events, filter them, and specify their Value and Time dimensions.
In this example, add a second and third event and select Hubspot Contact.
Name the second event "Organic Search" and the third event "Paid Search". You may want to see everyone from organic and paid search who have affected your selected goals.
Add a value for the two events and select original_source from the drop-down options. You may want to see the event by its original source.
Filter the Organic Search event by original_source equals to Organic Search. You may want to see the event by its original source.
Filter the Paid Search event by original_source equals to Paid Search.
Retain the Time Dimension selection (createdate) of both events.
The image below shows the selections made for the example report.
Updated 9 months ago