There are two ways to access and edit an existing report: from the Reports List and from within a Dashboard.
To access an existing report from the Reports List, follow these steps.
- Click Reports on the left pane (1) to open the Reports List on the right pane.
IMPORTANT: Based on your permissions, you may be able to view and edit a report that you did not create and override its data. It is recommended that you always SAVE AS another name before modifying it, in order to maintain the original version.
- In the Reports List, there are two ways to open an existing report for edit:
a. One way is by clicking on the ellipsis symbol (2) represented by three dots found at the top left corner of the report box and selecting Edit (3) from the drop-down options.
b. Another way is by clicking on the preferred report in the Reports List to open it and then clicking on the Edit button found at the top right corner of the page.
Clicking Edit opens the Analysis page where you can make changes to the metrics, events, and properties.
To access existing charts from your dashboard, follow these steps.
- Go to your dashboard and select the report you want to edit.
- Click the ellipsis symbol (1) represented by three dots found on the top right corner of the report box.
- Select Open (2) from the drop-down options.
- Click on the Edit button found at the top right corner of the next page.
- Clicking Edit opens the Analysis page where you can make changes to the metrics, events, and properties.
Cloning existing reports is especially useful when you want to change one or more data points within a report without having to create all of the metrics, goals, or events from scratch. For example, if you have an Attribution report that shows an end goal of All Opportunities created within a specific timeframe and you would like to look at exactly the same data but this time with Closed-Won Opportunities as an end goal, without having to create the Events again one-by-one.
To create a copy of a particular report, follow these steps.
- Go to Reports List by clicking on Reports (1) on the left pane.
- Click the ellipsis symbol (2) represented by three dots on the top right corner of the chart box.
- Select Duplicate (3) from the drop-down options that display.
A prompt (1) notifies you that the report has been successfully duplicated.
A copy of report (2), with "copy" affixed at the end of the report name, appears first on the list as it has been newly created, and the Reports List displays the newest created report to the oldest.
To sign up for a free trial, click here.
Updated 12 days ago