Metrics permit you to monitor performance and determine results. They are measurable and indicative of the success or failure of any process or activity. On the other hand, KPIs are much more definite. They involve a set of quantifiable values and highlights relative to a goal or objective.
To create new metrics, follow these steps.
- Click Metric Design on the left pane.
- Click the Add new metric button on the right.
The New Metric section appears on the right.
- Select a Function of the Metric (1) from the drop-down list.
- Select a Measure (2) from the drop-down list.
- Selecting a Measure displays another drop-down field where you need to select a variable.
The Variable options will depend on the Function and Measure selected.
- Enter a Metric Name (3).
- Click Save (4).
A prompt appears on the bottom right side of the page that you have successfully created the metric.
- The new Metric is added to the Metric List in the middle pane.
The New Metric section changes to an Edit Metric section.
The Update button replaces the Save button.
To check the newly created metric, follow these steps.
- Go to the KPI page by clicking Explore on the left pane and clicking KPIs from the New Analysis pane that slides out.
- Find the Measure from the Select a Metric drop-down options and locate the newly created Metric.
- Clicking on it visually displays data on the right.
To sign up for a free trial, click here.
Updated 9 months ago